Thursday, September 22, 2016

Deal of the Day - Scoring some FREE Groceries

All this for FREE!!!


I do love a good deal especially when it is for free and even better when I make money by shopping! Today I bought $13.20 worth of items for free and even made $1.68 in purchasing these items 😊 But of course you want to know: How did I do it? Where did I find these deals?

Sunlight Ultra Ultra Dish Soap
Regular price: $2.37
Sale price: $1.78 at Walmart
Discount: $2 cash back from Checkout 51 app
Both my husband and I have this app so we were able to claim this offer once on my app and once on my husband's app. At regular price these 2 bottles would have cost $4.74. On sale these 2 bottles cost $3.56. By using the Checkout 51 app on both our smartphones we got $4 cash back. Plus this was the first time my husband used the app so he received an additional $0.50 as a bonus. Therefore in total we made $0.94 

Whiskas Perfect Portions
Regular price: $0.93
Discount: FPC (free product coupon) from save.ca that was mailed to me

Kellogg's Nutri Grain Fruit and Nut Medley Granola Bars
Regular price: $3.78 at the Atlantic Superstore
Discount: I was actually able to use 2 discounts. In the world of couponing this is known as "stacking". Stacking means using more than one coupon on a single item. I used a $0.50 off any Kellogg's bars coupon that came on the box. I also did a survey on the Kellogg's website promoting their new bars and upon completion of about 4 questions and then I was directed to a special portal which provided me with a $4.00 cash back bonus on my Checkout 51 app when I purchased a box of the Nutri Grain Fruit and Nut Medley granola bars. Between the $0.50 coupon and the $4.00 cash back for a total discount of $4.50. There in total we made $0.72 on this purchase.

PC Rhubarb Coconut Squares
Regular price: $4.29 at the Atlantic Superstore
Discount: I purchased these because there was a 50% off sticker showing the price was $2.99 and that I would get it for 50% off at a price of $1.50. Instead I was charged the full price of $4.29. After my purchase I reviewed my receipt and noticed the error. I went to the Customer Service counter and showed them I was overcharged. The Loblaws chain participates in SCOP (Standard Code of Practice) which is a code to ensure Canadian retailers are accurate in their pricing and is a benefit Canadian consumers. (For more information on SCOP read here: http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/03252.html ) The Customer Service Advisor refunded me the full amount of $4.29 and I received the product for free 👍🏼
Not too shabby for a day of shopping.

Other notable deals (easy to track with the Flipp app): 
- Tide (25 loads) for $1.99 at Superstore
- Armstrong 450g cheese for $3.87 at Walmart
- Pie Pumpkins for $1.99 at Sobeys
- Campbell soup (select varieties) for $0.50 at Superstore
- Maple Leaf Deli Express 375g bacon for $2.87 at Walmart
- Barilla pasta for $0.99 at Sobeys and be sure to check the boxes as some have manufacturers coupons stuck to the boxes for $0.50 which I used making my pasta only $0.49 each
- Cheerios (including Multigrain and Honey Nut) for $2.99 at Superstore and be sure to buy the ones with coupons on the back of the box which have a greater value than the cereal itself including a coupon to get a free box of yogurt tubes when you purchase a tub of Yoplait yogurt (which often go on sale)

Happy Shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment